Sunday, August 2, 2015

The Paddock Bakery ~ Burleigh


So the hubs and I had a few hours sans kids this weekend.

What does one do when you are without kids and its lunch time?

Head out to eat of course!

We decided to take a drive down the coast to Burleigh and have a bite or two at The Paddock Bakery.

Situated just a street back from the Gold Coast Highway in a little old weatherboard home, amongst a myriad of various factories is the very popular Paddock Bakery.

So the line to order was literally out the door and all the glorious looking pastries and cakes were simply staring back at us, willing us to eat them.

Service was swift though and we had ordered in no time at all.

I figured since I knew I would definitely be having one of the tasty looking treats that I had better pay homage to my body and ordered this delish Detox Salad, as they called it.

A delightful, yet simple salad, filled with broccoli, cauliflower, parsley, carrots, seeds and cranberries, with slight drizzle in lemon juice and olive oil. I have to say that I can see this one being whipped up here in my thermy at home during the coming summer months.

I must say that the green cold pressed juice which they prepare on site was divine. So often cold pressed juices are full of bits blergh! But this was smooth, light and delectable.

Hubby chose a bacon and egg roll but before I thought to snap a shot he had almost devoured it, stating that it was pretty good!


Of course there is no visit to the Paddock without some bakery goodness. Hubby decided on a flat white and a piece of baked cheesecake.

The consistency of this was really lovely but overall the taste was somewhat bland. We both agreed that it needed way more in the way of the caramel sauce.



The bee sting was the first pastry to grab my eye as we entered and I watched them being sold one by one as we stood waiting in the line. Finally at our turn all that was left was this little baby.

It held so much promise, looked so delightfully good, but alas it did not deliver on that promise. I felt so let down I do have to say. The toasted almond top was scrummy but the cake was far too hard for me. Are they meant to be that way? Maybe! It felt like it was stale though and I simply didn't enjoy it.

Would I return to The Paddock?

Most definitely yes. The atmosphere was funky and casual and there are so many other things on the menu I would like to try.

Have you visited? I'd love to hear from you if you have.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always make me smile :-)