Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Scorch Trials

Just as the Gladers think that it is all over now that they have finally succeeded and are on the outside of the maze, they quickly realise that WICKED has other plans for them.

What do those plans consist of you ask.......

The Scorch Trials.

Another page turner, one I easily completed in three days. I can absolutely see though that some readers could become quite tired of this as it really is more of the same.

Ok, yes it’s a completely different environment, different trials, different variables but in a nutshell it is essentially just more of the same.

The environment of The Scorch though is absolutely horrendous and I did find this particular book slightly more gruesome than the first. In imagining the movie for this one I’m not sure I would like to see it, what I have conjured up in my mind is more than enough of a scare factor for me.

But you know what, Dashner still has the ability to leave you hanging at the end of nearly every chapter and yes those chapters are still only 3 to 5 pages in length. That’s a pretty cool skill I think.

Once again there is a gamut of extremely weird occurrences and characters, Cranks, strange body tattoo’s, betrayals, memory dreams, weapons and even a few monsters thrown in for good measure.

It would be near impossible to finish your reading of the series with this book, the third is a must to at least try and seek out some answers to the million and one questions you’ll now have running through your head.  I am really hoping it ties up some loose ends but considering the prequel, my guess is I’ll need to be reading that also.
 
Did you read my thoughts on the first book, The Maze Runner?

Happy Reading!

In simple pleasures you will find life's treasures,
Kylie xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always make me smile :-)